I mis-measured the centre distance between the stepper motor shaft and the leadscrew shaft by 1/2" so had to adjust the mounting brackets. Nothing a little grinding, cutting and welding couldn't fix.
The capscrews I used for mounting the motor assembly to the milling machine with were a little too tall on one of the brackets, so I had to modify one of them. This one is the regular capscrew.
Off to the lathe with you!
The finished result, nice and low-profile.
The first stepper motor assembly on the x axis, assembled!
The y axis assembly.
Both assemblies, in all their assembled glory!
When I get the time, I'll be making tin shields to protect the motors and belts from flying chips. You can just see on the bracket a small capscrew that I've put on the top of each assembly. This screw will hold the tin shield in place but will allow me to easily remove it to adjust/replace the belts, etc.